For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
To be successful in this role, you need to demonstrate a sincere passion for building complex products that customers love in the Enterprise Finance and Revenue Automation domain. On the Zuora product team:
- We obsess about user experience, and our customers represent small startups to Fortune 50 enterprises;
- We are deeply involved in driving product design, from both an API and UI/UX perspective;
- We strive for customer intimacy and meet with our customers regularly to review user experience and design and to ensure we are meeting customers’ needs and solving customer problems;
- We deliver mission critical solutions, so we have to think about scale, performance, compatibility and extensive downstream impacts;
- We lead product innovation from initial strategy through delivery and customer adoption.
What you’ll achieve:
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle for Zuora’s Revenue Product Line.
- Be the product domain expert, understand the market and customer needs and competition.
- Own and execute products that deliver ongoing customer value to the CFO’s office
- Own end-to-end feature delivery, including working with user experience on prototypes, authoring functional requirements and functional specification documents, creating and prioritizing user stories, analyzing user data to drive decision making and documenting delivery of quarterly releases.
- Work on the detailed use cases and come up with solutions to address the Customers’ needs.
- Track tickets related to the critical new enhancement requests or bugs and work with the Engineering and Support Teams to find the eventual fix.
- Own the Product Roadmap and drive the release planning and delivery efforts.
- Develop competitive expertise to assist in outbound product positioning and inform internal development priorities.
- Assist product marketing with core positioning and messaging for the product.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to think like a CEO to drive the success of Zuora’s Finance and Revenue Product Lines.
- Leadership through influence rather than organization structures. Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with cross-functional product development teams and manage interactions across product areas.
- At least 5+ years of relevant, hands-on product management experience and demonstrated success at leading enterprise software SaaS companies.
- Domain experience in Finance and Accounting is highly desired. A prior exposure to the new revenue accounting standards ASC 606 | IFRS 15 will be a big plus.
- Good understanding of Order-to-Revenue business processes and the related workflows
- Knowledgeable in Subscription billing concepts
- Ability to analyze complex business data and Customer use cases.
- Experience applying AI/ML concepts to enterprise software applications
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and tools including APIs, cloud solutions and programming languages and how SaaS integrations work.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, microservices, and event-driven architecture.
- Strong product design skills, from both a technical API and user interface design perspective
- Demonstrated success defining and shipping products in an iterative manner, with a hands-on willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective.
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated business requirements, as well as using qualitative and quantitative data effectively to inform product direction and prioritization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as functional / technical deep dives.
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work with distributed engineering, sales, and services teams.
- Passion for the market and opportunity Zuora is pursuing.
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,000 passionate and innovative ZEOs. ZEO Culture isn’t an empty branding effort. We take it very seriously and we have a daring desire to do things differently. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com